Saturday, February 17, 2024

Stacked slices for Laser Cutting

 In this project I was inspired by the idea of board games. Something that has become increasingly more popular in my household with my kids. I began by creating 3 closed cylinder and placing them above one another with an equal amount of distance in between them. I then drew circles starting larger at the base than the top would be and used the loft command. I was looking for something that resembled an hour glass figure but with a twist to it. An object that is used when we play games like jumanji or chess in my case. Although the kids use it more in jumanji for time challenges. I thought that as much as this would be a simple object it would establish an understanding for what we were doing with this assignment and in the same breath it would look unique as a laser cut and joined model when I was done. I will be combining the use of my 3d printer for the base supports as well which should look cool in the end in having multiple materials within it.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Milestones

 Assignment 1: Was to learn the basics and fundamentals of Grasshopper. This is something I really took the simpler side of to understand mo...