Saturday, February 17, 2024

Surface Morph Designed Vase with Animation

 

With This work I am taking a simple 2-D design and morphing it onto the surface of a 3-D object in Rhino and Grasshopper. I decided I would do a Vase for this. I have a particular interest in hollow form vessels as they provide us so much sustenance within our lives. I love the many conceptual representations and the capacities for that which defines a vessel and in turn defines the user of a vessel. As a wise man once told me "Some see the cup as half full, some half empty.... me? I'm just grateful to have a cup to put something in!" I believe in that philosophy. Like the containments within a vessel, we collect, we consume or discard. It diminishes and we always have the opportunity to carry more of something, many things, that we did not before. We fill it and it in turn fills us... with sustenance. My design is based from a 2-D design of hexagons over placed on each other in a rectangular grid in rhino. then I used the pipe action and multi piped the curves after having trimmed away the pieces I needed to. After the pipe was done I went in and trimmed them again. Then used the surface morph definition from grasshopper to apply it to a minimalistic vase I designed in grasshopper here are the photos so far before printing this object.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Milestones

 Assignment 1: Was to learn the basics and fundamentals of Grasshopper. This is something I really took the simpler side of to understand mo...